Friday, June 22, 2012

Hell has frozen over...

Wow. I just ate my first red velvet anything since, well, probably within the last 2-3 years. For those who know my philosophy on the red velvet, you may be asking "Why then did you eat a red velvet cupcake?" Well, first off it was a free cupcake. It was a gift from my friend at work Helen, who knows me just enough to know I love cupcakes, but not enough to have discussed why red velvets are not on my favorites list. Second, the cupcake came from Sugar Daddy's Bake Shop, who I did a review on last week and loved. So, I ate it.
The cake was just as moist as the other one I had from them, which is great, an the cake had a true red velvet flavor a.k.a. a very mild chocolate flavor. The frosting was a typical cream cheese, so not too impressive but it got the job done. The overall quality of the cupcake was fine, but now my fingers, teeth, and tongue are stained red and I probably consumed a tsp of food coloring. That part is not fun, but I don't regret eating it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment