Sunday, June 10, 2012

Avocado Cupcakes Attempt #1

...attempt #1.  That is never a good way to start off a blog.  But it is true, because as of right now I am in the middle of attempt #2.  Let me show you how this experiment is going so far.
 First off I was very happy with the avos! We were worried they might be over ripe, but they were perfect for this project.  They aren't Hass, but I think maybe a Zutano?  Either way the left over bits I ate were yummy.  I first scooped out the avo and mixed it in a bowl with some lime to help prevent any unfavorable color change. FYI- my second attempt I skipped the small bowl and just used the mixer to cream the avos.  After the avos were creamed, I added my ingredients, and was left with some amazing looking batter!
 Looked and tasted good, and when they first came out of the oven they looked good too...until the cooled down.

FAIL! Sunken cupcakes!  After a little research and tasting the resulting batch, I decided to make another batch with no additional oil, a little bit more flour, and no baking soda (all baking powder).  I am hoping for better results, but if it doesn't work then I will have to do more investigating on what I can do to prevent this.

No comments:

Post a Comment